CARLSBAD, CALIF. — January 8, 2018 — SleepScore Labs™, the company behind the most advanced non-contact sleep improvement system for consumers, today revealed an initial lineup of carefully curated sleep products and technologies in the world’s first science-based sleep ecosystem. In a $60 billion sleep market where consumers are faced with many products and technologies for sleep improvement, SleepScore Labs creates a personalized experience by directing people towards the products that can truly improve their sleep based on the data gathered by SleepScore Max. SleepScore Max™, the company’s flagship product, measures sleep with superior accuracy to provide highly personalized, relevant sleep advice and product recommendations.
“SleepScore Labs’ mission is to help people sleep, feel and live better while advancing the science of sleep health – and that starts with amassing accurate big data around sleep to feed into the most comprehensive ecosystem exclusively dedicated to sleep,” said Colin Lawlor, CEO of SleepScore Labs. “With more than 3 million nights of objective sleep data, we have quality insights on how people truly sleep. As our large user base grows, SleepScore Labs continues to evaluate the efficacy of products that claim to improve sleep based on objective and self-report data.”
The recently introduced SleepScore Max, is powered by SleepScore by ResMed™ technology backed by over 10 years of research and development, and extensively validated against polysomnography (PSG) – the gold standard in sleep measurement. SleepScore Max shows users’ full sleep staging, and provides personalized advice along with relevant product suggestions to improve their sleep. Products and services on SleepScore Labs’ ecosystem have been evaluated and tested and will be recommended to users, only when appropriate, based on personal sleep data measured by SleepScore Max after a period of continued use.
SleepScore Labs’ initial product and service recommendations include:
- Adaptive Sound Technologies, Inc. – From ASTI: LectroFan features white, pink and brown noise variants, and electric fan sounds. Twenty unique, real-time synthesized, non-looping sounds are designed to mask disruptive noises and aid sleep. SOUND+SLEEP SE dynamically composes non-looping natural sounds using our patented Adaptive Sound® technology. The Ocean, Rain and Brook compositions are customer favorites. LectroFan white noise and fan sounds are included in SE
- BetterNight – BetterNight is a comprehensive sleep care provider with a 22-year history of helping people achieve restful & restorative sleep. Through tele-health BetterNight provides convenient, at-home sleep diagnosis, treatment, support, and access to board certified sleep physicians.
- Dreampad – Dreampad’s patented sleep technology allows music, through the pillow, to trigger the user's natural relaxation response. Dreampad music travels internally and is audible only to the person whose head is resting on the pillow. The Dreampad was recently featured on the ABC show Shark Tank.
- Lighting Science Group – LSG’s GoodNight™ Pre-Sleep LED technology is scientifically engineered to minimize stimulating blue light at night. Unlike conventional light, GoodNight™ light does not impact the natural production of the sleep hormone melatonin – which makes it easier to fall asleep – and to stay asleep.
- Nightingale – Nightingale is a cutting-edge sound masking technology for the bedroom. Developed by acoustic engineers, Nightingale reduces wake occurrences by masking common indoor and outdoor noises. Nightingale is one of the most effective sleep solutions available.
- Sleep.ai – Sleep.ai is a digital technology service specialized in audio analyses during sleep using your mobile device. The app uses a special algorithm to filter and detect snoring. In addition, Sleep.ai offers an app specialized in detecting teeth grinding during sleep.
- Sleepio – Big Health’s first product, Sleepio, is a digital sleep improvement program using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques, clinically proven to help overcome even long term poor sleep. The journal Nature described Sleepio as “about as effective as CBT delivered in person”.
- Slumbertype – From Exploragen, powered by Helix, is the world’s first DNA-based sleep app that unlocks your biological sleep profile. The app allows you to track daily behaviors, energy levels and mood to learn how specific actions interact with your sleep and DNA sleep profile, so you can make the everyday changes for a restful night’s sleep.
- Smart Nora – Named as one of Oprah’s “Favorite Things” Smart Nora is the contact free and comfortable snoring solution. The system listens for early sounds of snoring before they become loud enough to wake the sleeping partner. Once snoring is detected, Nora starts a gentle movement in the pillow and reduces the snoring so no one is disturbed. Smart Nora has improved sleep for tens of thousands of couples worldwide.
- Soundly – Soundly is a voice controlled game that serves as a therapy or training that strengthens and tones the upper-airway, thus reducing the tissue vibrations that cause snoring. Soundly is a patent pending therapy has been shown to reduce snoring.
- Swanwick – Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses works to improve sleep and protect eyes by filtering out the harmful blue wavelengths from electronic devices and energy-efficient light bulbs while letting in all other safe light.
“After spending the early part of my career in academia studying sleep as a neuroscientist, I entered the consumer products world, contributing expertise to Phillips, Apple and now SleepScore Labs. I’ve dedicated my career to promoting healthy sleep, reducing the need for sleeping pills, and delivering the best sleep products to a wider audience of consumers,” said Roy Raymann, PhD, Vice President of Sleep Science and Scientific Affairs. “At SleepScore Labs, we evaluate and recommend products to improve your sleep when needed based on the data gathered from our sleep monitoring system, SleepScore Max.”
SleepScore Labs also recently announced its exclusive retail distribution partnership with Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (“WSI”) as WSI launches Robin, a new multi-channel specialty brand focused on fostering healthier lifestyles through improved sleep quality.
SleepScore Labs and WSI brands are now partnering to offer the Robin Sleep System, a combination of the SleepScore Max and Robin Pocket Spring Mattress Set, available online and in select stores including Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm and Williams Sonoma Home.
About SleepScore Labs
SleepScore Labs™ advances the science and technologies around sleep and overall health. Together with the foremost medical, health, and scientific experts from around the world, the company utilizes SleepScore™ by ResMed technology to provide the most accurate and advanced sleep improvement system for consumers as well as an evolving ecosystem that includes data insights, product evaluation tools, and technology licensing opportunities for companies developing products and technologies in the sleep industry. Based in Carlsbad, California, SleepScore Labs was created in 2016 as a joint venture between ResMed, Dr. Mehmet Oz, and Pegasus Capital Advisors L.P. to help people sleep, feel and live better. For more information on SleepScore Labs visit www.sleepscorelabs.com.
# # #