PHILADELPHIA – September 25, 2018 – ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD), a global leader in medtech and medical software, today is co-leading four public discussions at AdvaMed’s MedTech Conference on how to maximize patient access to respiratory therapy devices, as well as remote monitoring solutions, shown to significantly increase therapy use and adherence.
Session highlights will be posted on Twitter at #MedTechCon.
Innovation Transforming Health Care, 9:15–9:45 a.m. ET
A discussion about how broad value-based care systems, “big data” collection, artificial intelligence and other technology-related trends are changing the delivery of health care.
- Rupam Chaudhury (moderator), Global Industry Vertical Head (EIS), Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Tata Consulting Services
- Maureen Mulvihill, President and CEO, Actuated Medical
- Carlos M. Nunez, Chief Medical Officer, ResMed
- Kwame Ulmer, Principal, Ulmer Ventures
Home Respiratory Therapy: Getting Patients the Right Device at the Right Time, 9:30–10 a.m. ET
A ResMed-developed panel presenting the challenges people face when trying to access the right oxygen or other respiratory device at the right time – and the types of policies that could help.
- Rolf Benirschke (moderator), CEO, Legacy Health Strategies
- Larissa D’Andrea, Senior Director of Government Affairs, ResMed
- Cindy Gasparo, COPD Patient
- Erin R. Narewski, Assistant Professor, Thoracic Medicine and Surgery, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Jamie Sullivan, VP of Public Policy, COPD Foundation
Health@250: What Healthcare Could Look Like When America Turns 250, 9:50–10:20 a.m. ET
An aging population, an opioid epidemic, spiraling costs: What are the top 7 drivers of change for the U.S. healthcare system as America approaches 250? Learn what they are and how industry and policy can best address them.
- Bill Tribe (moderator), Partner, A.T. Kearney
- Liesl Cooper, VP of Market Access, ResMed
- Per Hong, Partner, A.T. Kearney
Digital Health Is Here: What’s Next? 10:30–11:30 a.m. ET
As the ability to gather and analyze large sets of medical data advance, leading health IT innovators discuss how it’s already changing health care delivery and population management, as well as what the future holds.
- Mick Farrell (moderator), CEO, ResMed
- Harsh Dharwad, VP and CTO, Nihon Kohden
- Jamie Haggard, CEO, Green Sun Medical
- Venk Varadan, Co-founder and CEO, Nanowear
ResMed is the world’s leader in remote monitoring solutions, with more than 6 million sleep and respiratory devices sending patient data to clinicians every day. A leader in respiratory therapy as well, ResMed recently upgraded its cloud-connected in-home life support ventilator, Astral, and provides both non-invasive ventilation and portable oxygen for people with COPD.
ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD), a world-leading connected health company with more than 6 million cloud-connected devices for daily remote patient monitoring, changes lives with every breath. Its award-winning devices and software solutions help treat and manage sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other respiratory conditions. Its 6,000-member team strives to improve patients’ quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and save healthcare costs in more than 120 countries. ResMed.com